Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's Not All Bad

These breaks between posts are getting longer and longer! Not all of it is due to illness at least. Even when I can't be outside, doing the things other folks are doing in the summer, there have been some out of the ordinary events in my world in the last couple of weeks. Good things. :- ) We had family from out of state visit one day. I'm happy to report that I held up better than expected. And then this week I was able to get together with a lot of members of my local quilt guild - woohoo! Since it was an outdoor meeting there wasn't a lot of show and tell but it was gratifying to reconnect in person with old friends and to put faces to names that have appeared on the member roster since I had to quit attending regularly.

I have also been plugging away on the latest batch of chevron log cabin blocks. I'm making them 16.5inches square so that 20 of them will make a twin size quilt top.



Only 12 will fit comfortably on my design wall though. I'll have to move out to the living room to play with block placements.


I've been thinking a lot about that fabric challenge you saw in the last post. I have been looking at this book and getting some ideas. The question is whether I can pull it off before the deadline in two weeks!

One of my quilter friends was trying to unload some scraps at the meeting. I took what I could, and this morning used a few of them to make up these blocks:


 

Fun! (You should be able to get larger pictures by double clicking on them.) I've also acquired a copy of Gwen Marston's Liberated Medallions book recently. I have a strong suspicion that there will be a medallion style quilt made out of scrappy parts and pieces in my near future. ;- )

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well.

    Loving those chevron blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your chevrons are looking next to each other! That is going to be an awesome scrap quilt.
    Really great news that you could attend an outdoor meeting and enjoy that time once more, I so wish that could be more and more possible. Given our world, it's hard to see it happening, but I do believe in miracles *VBS* Sending big hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.