Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What?! REALLY??

My friend C~ was gracious enough to take five of my quilts to the admissions table at our local county fair last week. She also entered one of her quilts. She and her husband went to the fair a few days later and reported that there were ribbons on all of my quilts. Because she was distracted in looking for her quilt she didn't take note of precisely what ribbons were awarded. When my husband brought the quilts and ribbons home I was amazed at the sheer number of ribbons. My jaw dropped when I caught sight of this one:


Can you read it? It says 'Best of Show.' BEST OF SHOW!!!


Granted, it's only a small county fair, but none of my quilts has ever done that well in the past. I've been gobsmacked all week. Turns out I don't even have a full "portrait" picture of the quilt. Or if I do I can't find it.

My black and white Crowns quilt was awarded Best of Class.


My little art quilt for the La Conner Quilt Museum's challenge was awarded Reserve Best of Class.


The Treasure Island baby quilt I made very recently was given a second place ribbon...


As did my friendship quilt that I call Play Group.


We received a copy of the judge's comments with the ribbons. I agreed with about half of her judgments and disagreed with the other half. ;- ) I do appreciate her decision regarding Best in Show however!

I've been suffering from the fatigue that accompanies anemia. I've been sewing too, and have some things I could share with you, but it might take me a while. I'm trying to eat iron rich foods and am taking an iron supplement. We're hoping an outpatient procedure I have scheduled for early in September will take care of the source of this problem. Maybe then I'll only have the chemical sensitivities to cope with!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the well-deserved honors. Your work is always wonderful, and I'm glad you've received these recognitions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You are uber talented and deserve every one of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo!! Way to go! Well-deserved honors, in my opinion. You must be on a high!

    So sorry to hear of your anemia. I had severe anemia 2 years ago, and it was just debilitating. I couldn't believe how tired I would feel. I couldn't tolerate the iron supplements and ended up having iron infusions. Those did the trick! I've been OK since then. Good luck. I hope your procedure works well for you. Take care of yourself, and be kind to yourself as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    WAY TO GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.