Saturday, November 14, 2015

Altogether Scrappy

In terms of progress on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge efforts this year I have two quilt tops ready to assemble, one for each of my twin granddaughters. I made about a dozen blocks specifically for each girl and then used my rainbow Ohio Stars to fill out the quilt tops.

Quilt #1:



And quilt #2:


So far they are still just loose blocks. I'll get the tops assembled one of these days. ;- )

After hearing the tragic news out of France I turned to piecing little squares (1.5") to maintain my sanity.


These stars will all finish at eight inches square.



The points of the star above were cut from a strip of fabric generously given to me by a member of the F2F swap.



It felt good to use up my odd black square patches.

These postage stamp stars are one of the options I'm considering for my RSC next year. The only thing that's certain at this point is that I'll be working with smaller scraps than I did this year. In the meantime, I'm linking up with the other RSC bloggers over at SoScrappy.


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful scrappyness! I especially like the 'twin' quilts and the postage stamp stars. Would you like me to link to this post in my ScrapHappy post tomorrow?
    **Vive La France**
    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful scrappyness! I especially like the 'twin' quilts and the postage stamp stars. Would you like me to link to this post in my ScrapHappy post tomorrow?
    **Vive La France**
    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All lovely blocks Sue. The (almost) twin quilts for your twin granddaughters are going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodmorning Sue,
    I too could only deal with the attacks in Paris by doing patchwork yesterday. I have no words to describe how I feel about all of this.
    Anyway, I adore the two quilts you are assembling for the two girls. The will be very happy to receive the quilts, I am sure!!!
    I love how you used the stripe fabric; it pulls the centre squares together into one happy block! Glad I sent it to you!
    Hugs
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what a fan I am of Ohio stars - yours are wonderful! I love that you've mixed in the non-Ohios with them. Your granddaughters will love the quilts! Such a great use for your RSC blocks. 8)
    Those postage stamp stars look like great fun, and a way to really play with the colors each month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great Sue! I especially like the block with the striped points.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And so the tradition continues. In times of stress ... stitch! That was very sad news in Paris. I love the happy quilts for your two girls, though! They will love them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the postage stamp stars. That is the block I am working on today as well. Such a great way to use up all the little bits and still have them go together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Twin One and Twin Two are bound to be loved by each granddaughter! Nice progress on your Postage Stamp Stars, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The twin quilts will be so lovely. Thanks for the preview. The little stars will be a nice new project. I'm getting so excited hearing all the plans everyone has. It's going to be a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful....lucky and blessed girls !:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilts-in-process are sure looking good! I love how the blocks that aren't Ohio stars looks with the stars. I think your granddaughters will love these quilts when they're done!

    And your scrappy postage stamps stars are so cute! I don't think I could pick a favorite one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are beautiful. The grands will love them.
    I've been troubled by all the violence in the news lately.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.