Saturday, April 16, 2016

Everything's Coming Up Oranges

Inbetween sewing my F2F blocks into four patch units I've been making up assorted blocks in orange. For example, the stepping stone blocks I've decided to use to set the 9" Ohio stars I made last year.


This may eventually become a baby quilt. Or it might be the beginning of something bigger!

Have I shown you these blocks in the darker range of orange?



Here's a little better look at the 6" ships:




This might be my favorite block this week though. ;- )



If you want more orange eye candy you can go over to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge link party and pig out (literally - if you make sure to visit Gayle and a few others!).

11 comments:

  1. You've got so many great orange blocks! My favorite is probably that last star, too - especially the fussy cut heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the bottom block too, but the ships are colourful and bright. And each time I see a ship, ( your ship)... I see another set of fabrics that go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Stepping Stone/Ohio Star combo looks GREAT in ORANGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange stepping stones and Ohio Star blocks look great! And I love that ship block for kid quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little heart that snuck in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blocks! I love the idea of the Stepping Stones blocks mixed with the Ohio Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, I love your sailboats! They just look so happy. And that little heart peeking out from the checkerboard star is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stuff. I, too, love that last star - pretty fabrics, almost make me appreciate orange ... along with those first blocks. Love the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the combination of the blocks, so airy and delicate. An excellent choice. Your fleet is looking good in orange and brown. You must have a lot already. Good going.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your orangy goodness! Those Ohio stars are fabulous with the stepping stones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orange is a great color! i like most your first photo. So nice with stars and squares!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.