Thursday, October 6, 2016

Medallion Scraps

I've added the narrow black borders to my liberated medallion but didn't bother to photograph it for you. Instead I've been trying to cope with the scraps leftover from that project.


I only have about 2" x 8" left of one of the prints I used in the medallion. There's  not much more of another of the prints I used, both of which I lived in fear of running out of before I'd completed the medallion!


Some of the strips that were cut in sizes I use frequently I may just put in my strip stash. I'm going to try to use up as much as I can first however. So far I've made two postage stamp stars and five liberated 4.5" stars.


But then there's this odd bit of liberated piecing I did for the medallion that didn't make it into the final quilt.


I don't know what I'm going to do with that! I thought I might try to assemble a small quilt, maybe another medallion, out of these scraps. The liberated piecing above might end up as the back of a potholder instead. ;- )


5 comments:

  1. I can't remember if you've already made a back for your medallion and quilted it, but as I was reading your post and looking at the wonderful blocks you've made I could imagine them as part of the back.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a medallion! With the bird in the cage as the centre? Do you have enough, or will it end up being a piece to hang on the wall. Or maybe one of those giant pillows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm somewhat in the same boat for one of tops. I don't know if I have enough of the grey black script to bind it and bought the end of the bolt from my local shop several months befor we started. Happily I found some online and it arrived yesterday so now I can make something else in the future!

    Looking forward to your final reveal with the new border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a genius at using scraps and pieces, you'll come up with something that pleases you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll come up with something Sue - those scraps are definitely too good not to be put to use.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.