Friday, January 27, 2017

All Purpled Out

We're coming to the end of the first month of this year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The color prompt for the month of January was purple. These are the blocks I've made most recently:


I've decided to add 16 patch blocks to my Rainbow collection this year. There will probably only be a few each month. They may come in handy as alternate blocks when it's time to build a rainbow quilt top at the end of the year. I had patches in the right sizes for the 10" and 7.5" Wrench (or Churn Dash) blocks so I made those up just to use the patches.

And here we have another postage stamp star with some lighter purples.


The Bow Tie blocks are just 6" like the Shoo-fly and Hole in the Barn Door blocks but they look bigger in this picture for some reason!

Angela has invited us to show quilts or tops we've made featuring our RSC blocks. I've shown this little baby quilt recently but it's been quilted and bound since then so I thought I'd show it again. ;- )


Many of those stars were made last year during my RSC efforts. James took his quilting cues from the setting fabric I used in the middle and around the  perimeter of the quilt.




The thoughts expressed in the print I used for the back seemed appropriate for a baby quilt even though it's not technically a juvenile print.


I'll be linking up with the other Rainbow Scrap bloggers. There will be lots of inspiration to see I bet!



14 comments:

  1. That finished baby quilt is lovely, and the choice of backing fabric is perfect. James has done a super job on the quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your baby quilt!! I'm a firm believer in lots of bright colors for babies, and that quilt is perfect!
    Those bowties really do look a lot bigger than the shoofly and churn dashes, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purples are lovely, and a great idea to have blocks ready and waiting. James' quilting , some amazing patterns there. How lucky to have one of those in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Your baby quilt is so cute and colorful. The postage stamp stars are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many nice purple blocks on the go, I'd be purpled out as well. That baby quilt is so delightful, just love the bright colours in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, i thought i saw that quilt recently. It is a lovely creation, so original. You have a good collection of blocks going on too. I'm beginning to think I'm not that crazy working with purple, unless putting it into a little girl quilt. A new month is quickly on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo for you! Great finish! Looks like you have plenty of purple blocks to work in to this years quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should link this with Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than Housework, as she is currently working on an Orphan Block series. You and James did a GREAT job on that quilt (and you did a SUPER job on using up some of your PURPLE scraps!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your purple blocks!! Your finished quilt is beautiful!! Congrats on a finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of purple goodness happening your way. Great finish on the baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The baby quilt is really nice! Love the back fabric!
    The churn dash blocks are really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.