Sunday, January 29, 2017

SAL - A Surprise Finish

You may remember that I've been working on the crown design needlepoint case in recent SAL posts. I think this is where it was when you last saw it:


I was making good progress, although I had to take out a bunch of work along the lower edge of the crown when it didn't line up right.


I'm quite pleased with the way it looks now that I've corrected the design line and finished up the major elements of the crown.


But instead of finishing the crown I found myself working on this tulip design:


This was another one I wanted to alter as I worked on it. I'm not a fan of detail stitches and I wanted to try out some variegated floss I'd acquired.


They were used in the green areas at the bottom of the case. I also blended a couple shades of orange for those petals of the tulip. Makes me wish I'd thought to do the same in other areas, like the leaves. Oh well. I haven't blocked this yet but it looks pretty good anyway.

There are several of us participating in these stitch along updates every three weeks. I invite you to take an inspiring tour by clicking on their names below.


Maybe my crown will be done for the next SAL in February!

11 comments:

  1. The crown is rather sober colours so it must have been fun to stitch this one with the bright funky colours. However life cannot all be bright and funky so hopefully next time we will see the crown finished. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the brilliant colour in those tulips. I know what you mean about the leaves, but it's still a fun, pretty piece as it stands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice to get something finished, especially on something you can use. Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! What a surprise! You have been busy stitching, I can see that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! You are going to have a lot of finishes this year, if you coƱtinue at this pace!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours in the tulip design. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've discovered the new DMC variegated threads fairly recently and I love them, I use them in alsorts of things now! Your tulip makes a really pretty purse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on both projects. I think they came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super, both of them! I like the variegated thread - looks great on the grass there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excelllent job! Love the work you do!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.