Tuesday, October 10, 2017

More Embroidery

Since I signed up for Nancy's limited edition floss club - a monthly delivery of six skeins of her lovely hand dyed floss - I've been looking for opportunities to put those lovelies to good use. I used the hand dyed floss exclusively for my sister's needlepoint case but that was only two colors (see previous post). I've also been using a dark green of Nancy's for the scrolling on the pair of stamped pillowcases I bought on sale recently.


Until this weekend I didn't know what I would do for the flowers. I didn't particularly care for the palette suggested by the pillowcase packaging. I've been working with brighter hues lately as they are nearly always my first choice. Like in this friendship block for example:


Much of the floss I've received from Nancy is in more muted tones however. I have enough in that collection now that I was able to pull focal colors and shades in three different hues for the pillowcases.


They're going to be autumnal pillowcases, that much is certain!


Nancy is sponsoring yet another give away. Hop on over to have a look at what's on offer. :- )



2 comments:

  1. I dearly love an embroidered pillowcase. I have lots – can't resist vintage bedlinens – but somehow I never seem to use them. Maybe I should think about doing something with them... There now, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flower colors on the pillow cases, perfect for this time of year, and they work nicely with that shade of green.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry it's difficult or impossible for some of my readers to leave comments. I do appreciate your visits and the kind comments I receive.